Elaine is an experienced practitioner with a track record in defining and supporting major programmes and business change. Her skills have been refined through a variety of roles including consultant, project manager change manager and senior management roles. This experience has given Elaine the expertise to work across a wise range of organisations. She has a strong evidenced approach to decision-making, is pragmatic and focused on achieving results. Elaine builds and maintains productive long-term relationships at all levels of an organisation.
- Ministry of Business, Innovation, and Employment – Senior Project Manager
- Development of an ICT Roadmap for the Building System Assurance business unit.
- Transforming a business unit, Trading Standards, which included developing strategies and a funding bid to increase capacity, including identification of expected benefits to the business.
- Developing an approach to reduce the size and configuration of MBIE’s fleet to reduce emissions then put it into an MBIE business case.
- Ministry of Social Development – Consultant - Developed a Single Stage Business Case for Supporting employer assisted work visas through improved labour market testing.
- Ministry of Health – Senior Project Manager - Involved in a Programme tasked with transforming Sector Operations, which delivers payment services for 20 DHBs and the Ministry.
- NZ Police – Senior Project Manager - Worked with Police to lay the groundwork to enable Emergency Services (Police, Fire Emergency NZ and the two ambulance services) to replace their aging radio network with a fit for purpose solution.
Business Case Experience
Elaine has written 14 Better Business Cases for a range of central and local government clients. Some examples include:
- Ministry of Social Development - Developed a Single Stage Business Case for Supporting employer assisted work visas through improved labour market testing.
- New Zealand Police – Developed the Strategic Case for the Next Generation Critical Communications – Strategic Case.
- Antarctica New Zealand – Developed an indicative Business Case to rebuild Scott Base and supported the development of the Detailed Business Case.
- Rotorua City Council - Developed a Single Stage Business Case for redeveloping the Rotorua Museum Te Whare Taonga o Te Arawa.
- Auckland City Council - Developed a Single Stage Business Case for Supporting Growth in Northwest Auckland.