Siobhan is a highly regarded environmental and regulatory practitioner with the ability to make a significant contribution to regulatory system design and implementation. She has significant experience in the Public Sector, leadership and governance of regulatory systems, natural resource and environmental management and education. With the ability to quickly gets to grips with the detailed requirements of each new assignment and with keeping the client’s overall goals firmly in mind, she has a track record of delivering beyond expectations through a collaborative and outcomes focused approach.
While a recent addition to the Tregaskis Brown team, Siobhan has worked in a diverse range of public and private settings and on a range of interagency initiatives. Her experiences range from designing and implementing regulatory systems through to governance and leadership of key projects.
Siobhan has an excellent reputation for the high standard of work she produces for clients. She is skilled and efficient in writing to prescribed formats and/ or to suit a particular audience.
- Environmental Protection Agency – Siobhan was a member of the Executive Leadership team and the Group General Manager with responsibilities for the EPA’s front end regulatory functions across all legislation that the EPA administers. She was tasked with increasing The EPA’s ability to respond to the current regulatory environment.
- Ministry for Primary Industries - governance member for Ministry of Primary Industries’ significant climate change forestry transformation project related to the NZ Emissions Trading Scheme.
- Government Regulatory Initiative – Siobhan was an active member in the leadership of this initiative and participated in and chaired a number of peer review panels assessing a number of organisations approaches to modern regulatory practise.
- Ministry For the Environment – working with the legal team, Siobhan had oversight of legal issues arising in establishing a new crown entity and gave operational advice on public law, government processes and all the legislation administered by the MfE. Much of this work required interagency policy collaboration.
- NZ Land Search and Rescue – As Deputy Chair and Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee for New Zealand Land Search and Rescue Siobhan had oversight of budget and funding applications (government and non-government sources).
Siobhan is also formally trained as a teacher (both secondary and tertiary environments) and is a skilled facilitator.