Sean is an experienced senior finance manager with over 12 years of experience at a Financial Controller/ CFO level with responsibility for all financial and business planning aspects of the businesses he worked for.
Sean's most recent experience as General Manager and CFO for the Department of Corrections included the ongoing management of capital activities, including the preparation of information for the annual plans, financial statements and Treasury reports.
Sean is known for being approachable, low key and easy to work with. He is commercially experienced and has a sharp analytical mind.
- Chartered Accountant Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of New Zealand
- Bachelor of Commerce and Administration; Major: Accountancy
- Inland Revenue Department - Senior Adviser to the Chief Financial Officer
- Land Information NZ - Acting Chief Financial Officer
- Victim Support - Sean was engaged to advise Victim Support CE Kevin Tso on a future budget bid. He was also asked to assist with developing storyboards outlining their requirement for additional funding for presentation to Minister Adams in November 2016
- NZ Police - Sean was part of the Finance leadership and management team reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive - Finance. His role was working with the rest of the Finance leadership and management team to improve the overall performance of the Finance group by providing quality assurance, coaching and assistance to staff
- Institute of Environmental Science and Research - Sean worked alongside the Acting General Manager of the Health Group and consulted with the management team. He was responsible for a review of the planning, reporting and monitoring activities of the Health Group Acting Strategy, Planning and Performance Manager
- Ministry for Primary Industries - Acting Chief Financial Officer. The CFO is responsible for managing and leading the Finance, Property and Procurement teams
- Department of Corrections - Chief Finance Officer - The CFO position is a tier 3 role and is part of the management team for the Finance, Technology and Commercial (FTC) service group.