Karen combines a wealth of expertise in designing and facilitating learning and development programmes with ten years’ experience as a Manager with Air New Zealand and RCI Australasia. Her specialist areas include leadership, teamwork and coaching.
She has worked with managers and teams at all levels of both private and public sector organisations within New Zealand over the past eight years.
Karen’s passion is helping others to understand their strengths and achieve their potential. She is an experienced coach and is frequently called upon to coach managers facing new challenges in their roles.
- Accredited practitioner of the Myers Briggs Type Indicator®
- Qualified user of The Leadership Circle 360
- Accredited to use the Team Management Systems suite of team diagnostic tools, including the TMI
- Certified user, Lominger Leadership Architect™ and Team Architect™ tools
- Qualified to administer the Hogan suite of development tools
- Accredited to use the DISC profile and Firo-B team instrument.
- Qualified as a level 2 IECL Coach
- Re-designed and re-launched Tregaskis Brown's Facilitating for Results training programme.
- Facilitated sessions with three Deputy Commissioners and their senior leadership teams (and their direct reports in one instance) focused on team building, identifying priorities and planning
- Facilitated some sessions with several new teams in the Families Business Unit to establish how they'll successfully work together and achieve their business objectives
- Delivery of standalone two-day Coaching for Performance workshops for managers at all levels for the ANZ National Bank, and one day Coaching for Performance modules as part of both its Managing Others and Managing Managers leadership programmes
- Delivery of a comprehensive leadership programme for Ministry for the Environment and Land Information New Zealand which includes eight workshops, action learning groups and individual coaching over a ten month period.