Karen has more than 25 years’ experience as a programme and project professional and senior business manager.
She is a highly competent and certified management professional, with a unique skill set encompassing portfolio, programme and project management, organisational change management, including assessment of capability, business case development, business and process analysis and workshop facilitation.
She has established, maintained and transformed P3MO functions and structures based upon a variety of methodologies over this time and is well practised in tailoring methods and processes to meet the needs of the organisation
Karen is a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI) USA, a member of the Global Board Sub Committee and the Ethics Review Committee. She was awarded Fellow of PMI NZ in 2011 (one of less than 20 people bestowed with this honour). She holds a Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification in Project Management and is a certified Management Consultant (CMC)
- BA in Political Science, History & Economics, Victoria University, Wellington,
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, Victoria University, Wellington
- Statistics NZ - Karen was engaged to provide a capability assessment of Project Managers across the organisation. Karen has been conducting project manager capability assessments for 20 years. These include organisations such as Telecom NZ, ASB Bank and Vector. Each assessment was tailored to meet the organisation’s needs and desired outcomes.
- NZ Police - Karen was the lead member of the Tregaskis Brown team, with significant government project, programme and portfolio management (P3O) experience engaged to develop a prioritisation model to assist in the prioritisation of the 18/19 Police Portfolio.This assignment was then extended to enhance the portfolio prioritisation model and the supporting P3M practices as well as address issues within the Investor Confidence Rating (ICR).
- Portfolio Manager for a large public sector agency - Karen was responsible for working closely with senior leaders within the corporate area and the EPMO to establish the portfolio processes, reporting and effective governance over 18 months