Jon is a creative and strategic thinker with major strengths in governance, strategy and planning, driving good process and ensuring effective change management strategies are in place. An experienced director/consultant, Jon has overseen and led a number of significant strategic and operational investments.
Jon believes the traditional governance model is being challenged and is on the cusp of a major sea change. Revolutions in technology, software platforms, consumer preferences and just a differing way of seeing things is transforming the way business and government must think and do. Today’s world is relentless in requiring adaptation and fresh thinking and the emerging workforce is both adaptable and restless. These are all things to be embraced and good governance means being at the forefront of successfully shaping and harnessing this sea change.
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, CA Collage (Admitted 1996, granted Fellowship 2018)
- Chartered Member, New Zealand Institute of Directors (2008)
- National Diploma in Accountancy (1995)
- Project Director for successful client tender valued at over $130m
- Preparing commercialisation opportunities for renewable generation and battery storage in the Pacific.
- Strategic modelling and strategising for significant North Island generation investment
- Numerous pricing and strategic revenue reviews, predominantly with electricity network companies.
- Involved in strategising, preparing bids, financial summaries and ultimately negotiating a successful outcome with the Crown re several Ultra-Fast Broadband initiatives – client one of the first 3 initial company’s chosen by the Government to negotiate deployment contracts.
- Assist with clients RFP strategy to enter Christchurch market as an energy services operator
- Preparation of Regulatory Reset for Tonga Power Ltd.