Jo is an experienced Senior Project / programme manager both in business and technology sides of organisations. She has managed project management consultants, software developers and multiple project teams (up to 70 people) for a variety of government and private sector programmes and projects.
She is known as a “trusted adviser” to CEOs, Deputy CEOs and CIOs, and has managed senior stakeholder and cross agency liaison and communication.
Jo also has extensive experience at managing third party suppliers, as project resources and as operational providers, managed budgets up to $70M, and quality reviewed consultants and project managers and teams.
Since 2000 Jo’s experience has centred on project/business recovery. This involves her in dealing with crisis and ambiguity around organisational needs/ambition versus organisational “political” realities and has led Jo to be viewed as someone with strong integrity and credibility.
- BA (Hons) Information and Library Management, with Data Processing - Loughborough University of Technology
- Advanced Project Management, PMP - NZ Institute of Management
- Risk Assessment for large programmes, PMP - Datacraft New Zealand
- Environmental Protection Authority - Jo has been working with the Hazardous Substances Programme since 2017. They value her strong leadership and delivery focus along with her deep project management experience.
- The Ministry for Primary Industries - The assignment required an experienced Project Manager with proven Change Management skills to assist the Programme Director with three major accommodation changes planned over the next two-three years, ensuring that the Change Management elements are identified, scoped, planned and delivered.
- Spark Digital, New Zealand, Delivery Portfolio Manager - Member of a new management team in Project Services to oversee and manage delivery of IT and telecommunications projects to Spark customers. The key focus was on project recovery, delivery quality improvement and assurance on delivery.
- Department of Internal Affairs, Programme Controls Manager - Jo was engaged to review a construction/exhibition project that was not delivering. She Reviewed project controls and plan and recommended improvements so that delivery could be managed and monitored.