Janie is a highly skilled senior executive who brings deep financial expertise, discerning commercial acumen, and an insightful understanding of organisational dynamics to the organisations she works with. She thrives on dealing with complex issues.
She is a seasoned professional who provides sound counsel and direct advice from an experience base of financial management of complex organisations and multiple CFO roles. She is highly principled and passionate about creating commercial success.
Janie is a Chartered Accountant and a member of the NZ and Aust Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Key member of the NZ Dairy Group/Fonterra merger team that resulted in the formation of Fonterra with particular responsibility for Government interactions at a policy level, policy recommendations, negotiation with government on tax legislation to support the merger, negotiation with the other 2 dairy companies, economic analysis and competition law.
- Founding CFO for Synlait Milk, led the financial modelling for business case & feasibility, raising equity and debt to fund the initial plant investment.
- Supported client facing initiatives with financial analysis on pricing and product development at LIC, particularly on farm management tools and software.
- Led the review, decision and implementation of ERP at Steel & Tube, including organisational change
- Reviewed the operating model at Steel & Tube and recommended a centralized customer service offering.
- Led the discussions with MBIE on the steel mesh issue on behalf of Steel & Tube and implemented crisis management approach for customers and staff.
- Led the identification, and execution of 4 successful acquisitions for Steel & Tube.
- Co-led (with the CEO) the integration of acquired businesses into Steel & Tube core operating structures, with a focus on people and culture
- Led or reviewed the development of many business case including organisation redesign, capital investment proposals, divestment, product development, and R&D.
- DOWNER NZ Jan 2018 – Jan 2019 Chief Financial Officer - NZ Largest Infrastructure, Construction and Services Company, Turnover Of $2.8b, 13,000 Staff, And 5,000 Contractors
- STEEL AND TUBE LTD 2012 – 2017 Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary NZX 50 Listed Steel Distribution Business with a Turnover Over in Excess $500m, 52 Sites Nationwide and Staff in Excess Of 1,000
Janie has held various CFO and Senior Finance roles for 25 years prior to this including;
- Livestock Improvement Corporation
- Synlait Limited
- Zespri Limited
- Fonterra Cooperative Group
- NZ Diary Group