Ben joined Tregaskis Brown in March 2019 after completing his Bachelor of Management Studies (Hons), with majors in Economics and Strategic Management. He has well-rounded quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
In his honours research, titled “Enhancing competition or redistributing rents?: A study of financial transmission rights in New Zealand’s electricity market”, Ben used econometric analysis and a thorough literature review to assess the impact of a policy change in the electricity market.
Whilst at University he was awarded the GJ Schmidt Prize in Strategic Innovation, the Westpac Prize in Marketing and International Management and a finalist in the Waikato Management School 43rd Case Competition.
Ben is a confident writer and communicator and takes pride in producing high-quality reports and cases.
- Bachelor of Management Studies (Hons., first class) with majors in Economics and Strategic Management, University of Waikato.
- Wellington Water - Ben worked with a Tregaskis Brown Partner to support the development of a Strategic Case; illustrating the case for change and investment in improving the quality of urban waters
- Ministry of Social Development - With the oversight of a Senior Consultant, Ben supported a major policy programme at the Ministry with programme co-ordination and governance secretariat support
- Porirua City Council - Tregaskis Brown supported a significant public consultation process at Council in 2019. Ben worked with a Partner and Council staff to develop an exemplary public consultation document, working with Council staff to analyse submissions and develop papers for Council consideration
- Providing support to Partners and Consultants on a number of client assignments including Department of Internal Affairs, Fire and Emergency NZ, Ministry for Culture and Heritage,Ministry of Education and Statistics NZ
- Synthesis and analysis of workshop output